Tantra massage is a healing art form that dates back many thousands of years. It can be a powerful and mind-blowing experience for the recipient as well as for the masseur. But it’s not for the faint of heart. The philosophy and aesthetics of tantra massage are very much in keeping with the Hindu spirituality behind it. And the results speak for themselves. Tantra massage utilizes different spiritual tools to achieve therapeutic results. These might include meditation, yoga, reflexology, acupressure, or any other method that feels right to you. The end result is the same: You get relief from your physical pain through massage therapy in a way that feels right for you. So, how do you know if tantra massage is right for you? Here are some factors to consider when choosing your perfect tantra masseur:
Types of Tantra Massage
There are different types of tantra massage. The most widely known are the deep tissue, hot stone, and Thai.
- Deep Tissue Massage – Deep tissue massage uses large, slow strokes along the length and contours of the muscle. It can be very effective for general pain management, particularly if you have tendinosis in your muscles.
- Hot Stone Massage – A hot stone massage is more akin to a sauna experience for the body. The heat from the fire in the sauna gently warms your body, sending endorphins and other feel-good chemicals into your bloodstream. Hot stone massages are best for the feet and lower legs, as they are almost completely non-impact.
- Thai Massage – An authentic Thai massage is a little more than a massage, but it’s also a way of healing, a form of care, and a stress relieving activity. It is particularly effective for leg, back, and neck pain.
How to choose the right tantra massage therapist for you?
Before you embark on this path, it’s important to decide what type of massage is best for you. There are many different types of massage, each with its own benefits. You may want a different type of massage depending on where you are in your life and how you feel. Likewise, there are many different preferences and techniques within the industry. There are a few factors to consider when choosing your perfect tantric massage London.
- Experience – While a beginner may be able to handle one-on-one sessions, a greater emphasis is placed on group classes for more experienced massage therapists.
- Specialties – Since each therapist has their own unique combination of skills, be sure to ask about their specialties. Asking your massage therapist what they enjoy doing the most can help open their eyes to new possibilities.
- Stress Relief – Many massage therapists find that their best results when they spend time de-stressing before and after massage. Create an environment where you feel cozy and relaxed. Try to push away any external stimuli that may be causing stress (i.e. phone, papers, etc.).
Tantra massage is a healing art form that dates back many thousands of years. It can be a powerful and mind-blowing experience for the recipient as well as for the masseur. But it’s not for the faint of heart. The philosophy and aesthetics of tantra massage are very much in keeping with the Hindu spirituality behind it. And the results speak for themselves.